Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

So is everyone having a great 2011 so far? I hope so! The ringing in of the new year brought 3 consecutive nights of closing the store at 7pm! Woohoo! For New Year's Eve, since we're still new to the area and aren't sure what to do or where, we decided to have a date night! It was GREAT! We drove to Temecula, CA (about 20 min) and had dinner at P F Changs...one of my favorites! After dinner we came back home to watch a movie and of course I fell asleep at 11:30...Happy New Year! haha! But in my defense, I made it to midnight and rang in the new year Central Time Zone! :)

Yesterday we decided to do inventory at the store and got probably 3/4 done. It's quite the process, having to weigh out each individual assortment in our cases and back room. We were fairly efficient for our first time but I think the next time we do inventory it will go a lot quicker now that we've got a "system". I also realized yesterday that I lost my phone somewhere, turns out I left it at the restaurant in Temecula. So, after work on our way to pick up my phone, we decided to also stop by and see our friend and co-franchise who owns the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Temecula. Her store looks great! It's exciting to see what our store will look like in just a short couple of weeks with the remodel.

This morning I am so excited because we are going to church! It has been a couple weeks and since we haven't had employees to watch the store, we've been there every Sunday so far. But this Sunday, we're having our one and only (so far) employee man the store so we can finally go to church again! I'm excited! :)
We are also getting our Rocky Mountain shipment today, which is exciting as our shelves are mostly bare of boxed chocolates after the Christmas shoppers concluded. Now...on to Valentines Day!

We are very excited for 2011 and so excited for all of our friends and family that are getting married this year! With the close of 2010 I was reflecting the other day about what has happened in the past year. In 2010 I graduated college with a Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies, emphasis in Public Relations, and a Minor in Spanish, married my best friend and the most amazing guy I know, and moved half way across the country! Not to mention...becoming a business owner! 2010 was definitely full of exciting and very life changing moments all so very exciting!! Definitely excited for 2011 and all that it will bring. Oh, another thing I forgot to mention, in 2010 I also won (through Lake Elsinore Outlets and Christmas Tree Lane) 7 nights trip to Cabo San Lucas! That will be our much needed vacation and sounds like a great spot to spend our anniversary in June!

Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed 2011!

P.S. We're starting out the new year on the front page (above the fold!) of the Press Enterprise! Rob was excited that his picture and article are both larger than the article on the side of the page with a much smaller picture of Mr. Arnold Schwartzenegger himself! We had fun driving around town last night buying all the newspapers we could find! Who knows when the next time our faces will be on the front page of a big Californian newspaper! Check it out....http://www.pe.com/localnews/lakeelsinore/stories/PE_News_Local_D_rocky01.a88051.html

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. It's a really good write up about you guys too ... yay! : ) Danelle, I'm proud of you for at least making it through the Central Time New Year's.

    ReplyDelete