Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate World

Can you believe it's already February? I can't believe that in less than 2 weeks it is already Valentine's Day. V-Day is a big deal when you're in the chocolate business! I am so excited and I love getting everything together for this special holiday! Heart shaped boxes, lots of chocolate dipped strawberries, and truffle assortments!

As most of you know, we also just had our Re-Grand Opening and ribbon cutting ceremony this past Friday. In addition to this event we also decided to take on some hefty remodeling projects in order to give the store a new look! Three days before the event we hired painters to take down the wallpaper and paint. We updated the lighting in and hung neat pendant lights! Also, we received our RMCF graphics in the nick of time (2 hours before the event), but with the wonderful help of the mall we were able to get them hung up just in time! So in short, the store is looking a lot different and a lot more 21st century! I love the new look! The event went off with a bang and we are soooo thankful for all of the mall management staff as well as Craig School of Business staff who was able to be here and be a part of this event with us! You were all a huge help, thank you so much!

In other news, I'm looking so forward to my friend Kari Haywood's visit from the bitter temperatures of the north east! Only a little more than 2 weeks away and we'll get to see Midwestern faces again! Wahoo!! I don't mind sharing the sunny Californian weather, not at all! Come one, come all!

I included some pictures of the remodel process:


The original look (wallpaper, shelves, and all)

Goodbye wallpaper and dated lighting.

Hello paint, graphics, and new lighting!

Hope everyone is doing well and all the Midwestern-ites are keeping warm! I'm sending warm thoughts your way!

4 comments:

  1. And I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED to see you!! The store looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Danelle!! Looks sooooooo much better!! You're blog posts always make me hungry for chocolate...just can't figure that out...HA! :) Congrats on your Re-Grand opening!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! It looks MUCH better!! I wish I was coming to see you soon too!

    ReplyDelete