Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Slow, slow Tuesday

Okay so I am writing this blog from work, yep, from work. Seems there aren't many shoppers out on this Tuesday evening. My wonderful husband did work a majority of the day, I can only imagine how much fun that was if it was as hoppin' as it is right now! So with a large part of my day "off", are there really days "off" anymore?!?....I....went grocery shopping, brought Rob lunch at the store, and cleaned house for our guests tonight! So my partial day off didn't really seem like much of a day off, actually....and obviously....I think I worked harder the rest of the day than I am currently while I'm at work.

Soo...our guests! Our 2 great friends Isaiah and David drove Rob's car the 26 hour drive from Missouri and arrived late this afternoon! We are so excited to see them and have them visiting for a couple of days. I'm looking forward for us getting a little "time-off" to spend a couple hours hanging out with them outside of the store. Also...their arrival gave me the much needed motivation to clean our very messy apartment! Now it looks awesome....if only it could stay that way forever....without me having to clean half of the day :). Don't worry, yes, I will keep dreamin! haha.

I don't know what it is about me but even though I have warm 75 degree, sunny Californian weather, I am still slightly jealous of all my friends in the Midwest who are having snow days from school and work! Ok, so even though getting out in the FREEZING cold and having to drive in the snow and having fingers so cold they would turn unnatural colors......I love snow days and the idea of being snowed in, cuddling up and watching a great movie or reading a great book all while sipping something warm....these things just sound cozy and wonderful right now! :) I'm sure all it would take is for me to step one foot in the current Midwest and I would quickly retreat back to my 75 degree, I could tan outside in January, weather. It is still very surprising to me just how quickly I can forget exactly what it feels like in negative temperatures and multiple inches of snow to make me miss these things currently.

So..new subject. I think I need a good book for all that "spare time" of mine! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. You should read Eat, Pray, Love with me...then we'll watch the movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt even get a snow day so you wouldn't have wanted to switch with me! ha. We are moving on Saturday though ... yahoo!!

    I just read Karen Kingsbury's latest book thats not part of a series and it was good. I forgot what it's called though :s

    ReplyDelete